Monday, August 25, 2008

Week 1 draws to a close...

Today is the end of week 1 on RAW! It's been a good week, without giving in to any weaknesses - really, no temptation to speak of at all! Actually, I've noticed that the cheese snacks the kids were having me open for them (string cheese or little 3/4 oz squares of cheddar) didn't even smell good to me, and that used to be one of my favorite snacks!

I worked out pretty hard at Curves today - got all green lights on the CurvesSmart! Yay! I'm feeling it a bit in my shoulders, but nothing too serious.

Had the usual green smoothie for breakfast - more on that in a minute. Had a huge bowl of sliced peaches, red grapes, strawberries, and celery with a teeny smear of almond butter (maybe 1 tbsp total, it was two stalks of celery and I didn't fill the sticks like I would've with peanut butter, but just put a light spread on the inside. Had a couple of raw walnuts too - not even a handful, just a couple nuts.

The kids wanted clementines for an afternoon snack, so I chowed down on some as well. Yum! I don't even remember how many I ate, just enough that the afternoon munchies were gone.

Dinner... wowie WOW was that ever good! I made RAWfredo sauce from a recipe my friend sent to me. I could probably eat that stuff almost every day. Yum!!!!!1!!eleventy!!!! I can't find it online so instead of posting a link to it, I'll post the recipe here.
RAWfredo Sauce
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts, soaked 2 hours, rinsed, and drained
  • 1/2 cup cashews, soaked 2 hours, rinsed, and drained
  • 1/2 cup water, more water if to thick
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoon agave nectar
  • 2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt, or salt to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Blend it all in a Vitamix or food processor until smooth and creamy.
I didn't have pine nuts, and they're really expensive, so I used all cashews. And I used regular sea salt.

Then I just spooned it over zucchini "noodles". I don't have a spiral vegetable slicer and I didn't feel like flat noodles, so I used my Zyliss mandolin on the julienne blade. Perfect!


Tomorrow I'll update my weight loss ticker to show how much I lost this week, I'm pretty excited to see the final number for the week! LOL And for once, I'm looking forward to my weigh & measure at Curves next week.

Now, back to the green smoothie breakfast thing. I've had a couple people ask me about having them every morning. What's wrong with that? We need the greens, and it tastes good, so until I feel like I have to have something different, why not have the smoothies every day? I do plan to make some raw granola and almond milk sometime, but I haven't found a recipe for the granola that I want to try yet. I have a recipe that a friend gave me for the almond milk, and I've tried it at her house. Yum!!

Until tomorrow...

No comments: