Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Going Raw: Day 1

Today I went to Curves first thing, as usual. I go 3 to 4 days per week.

When I got back, after taking a quick shower, I mixed up our first green smoothie. I used frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, a fresh pear, some fresh pineapple, some baby spinach and some flax oil. The Mr. drank a glass of it, and took a plastic container of it with him to drink on his way to work. I had a glass full, and the kids each had a small cup of it, too. They loved it and asked for more, so I didn't get to have more than my one glass. So I had a small handful of raw cashews and a tangelo a little while later.

Lunch was so yummy! One of the sweetest nectarines I've had in quite a while, and it was nice and juicy, too. Also had some sweet yellow peppers, baby carrots and broccoli florets with some homemade Italian dressing. Even though the kids had their own lunch, they kept snitching from me, too.

Later we snacked on fresh red grapes, cold and sweet!

For dinner, I made a Broccoli Salad (recipe here). I used chopped almonds instead of peanuts, left out the habanero, doubled the garlic, and used raw cashews instead of pine nuts. WOW was it ever good! Hubby wants me to make bigger batches of it to just have in the fridge and he can take it to work. I also made the Mushroom Steak dish I mentioned in my earlier blog. It was ok, but not my favorite dish ever.

Sometime tonight I'm going to mix up Joz's Eggless "Egg" Spread so Mr. can take some to work tomorrow, and I can eat it on the run to meetings tomorrow evening.

No comments: