Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Going Raw: Day 2

Weighed myself this morning, out of curiosity. I know it's going to be water weight the first few days, but it's still exciting to see 6.2 lbs disappear from the scale overnight!

Went to Curves and worked out. I've become friendly with several of the other ladies who go at that time of morning, and I like the accountability factor of that.

My tummy was a little upset last night and into this morning, and I think it's a combination of eating too many mushrooms, the vinegar and all the garlic. That, and possibly starting to detox a bit already. I'm going to take it lighter today and not have anything other than what I can pick up and eat it straight from the fridge. Except smoothies... those are still going to be pretty gentle on my system.

Breakfast this morning was a fresh nectarine, followed by a green smoothie (peaches, strawberries, banana, pineapple and baby spinach), followed by a regular fruit smoothie (peaches, strawberries, pear and pineapple). Made more of that than we could drink, so I put it in the fridge for later.

For lunch I had some raw almonds and a huge bunch of sweet red grapes. Cold and delicious!

Snack was more almonds and a crisp Pink Lady apple.

Dinner was so-so... well, the leftover fruit smoothie from this morning was good - drank that on the way to a meeting in town. The kids were complaining about being hungry but I only had a few minutes to spare between hubby getting off work and getting to my meeting, so I swung through the drive-thru at Wendy's. I got a side salad, which consisted of mostly iceberg lettuce, some green leaf lettuce, carrot shreds, cucumber slices and a few grape tomatoes. I ate everything except the majority of the iceberg - talk about blah! Iceberg with no dressing! Yuck! I let Hannah finish that off.

That really wasn't much of a dinner so I ate a big bowl of fresh strawberries when I got home. That was worth waiting for!

No comments: