Monday, August 18, 2008

My refrigerator is rainbow-hued!

We made it to Costco and Food 4 Less tonight, and now I have quite a rainbow in my fridge!

Red! Strawberries (fresh and frozen w/no additives), bell peppers, raspberries, marionberries
Orange! Tangelos, clementines, bell peppers, nectarines, frozen peach slices
Yellow! Apples (hmm... red or yellow? They're fuji and pink lady), bell pepper, pineapple, pears, bananas
Green! baby spinach, romaine hearts, english cucumbers, celery, green onions, broccoli, watermelon (it's green on the outside, LOL)
Blue! Blueberries
Purple! (reddish) grapes

Not part of the rainbow would have to be my brown Baby Bella mushrooms and the white-ish raw cashews, LOL. I also picked up some flax oil and coconut oil.

Tomorrow is starting out with a green smoothie! Dinner is going to be the Mushroom Steak with Mushroom Gravy I found in the recipe section here. Lunch... raw veggie sticks, fruit, nuts... I have other things already on hand that I didn't have to buy today, like my raw almonds.

1 comment:

maybe strawberry said...

try a "v8" me and the husband try to make this at least once a week. 2 tomatoes, a small cube of beets, a few stalks of parsley, a couple table spoons lemon, a carrot, stick o celery, with some ice. we also throw in some flax. oh and one great dessert is fresh juiced pineapple and then freeze it. it's my favorite.