Friday, August 22, 2008

Green Smoothies, Watermelon and Cashew Sour Cream, oh my!

Today was even easier than the first couple of days. I didn't snack as many times during the day, and I don't think I ate more than usual at mealtimes, so maybe I'm just adjusting to it. Well, whichever, it was cool.

Green smoothies with baby spinach, pear, strawberries, banana and peach, I think. Grapes, watermelon (half of a baby one, with no mouth itching!), tangelo, cashews, and for dinner, a raw "taco" salad. I used a Taco Nut-meat* recipe I found online, but I think I'll change up the seasonings I use if I try it again. Then I made a raw cashew "sour cream" with cashews, lemon juice, sea salt, a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar, and a little water to help it smooth out more in the food processor. Piled that on top of a big bowl of torn green leaf lettuce, a chopped tomato, a chopped avocado, and some fresh Pico de Gallo, and it was delicious!

* I'd add less cumin and coriander, and add some chili powder instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the recipe for the taco salad?

kimbalaya said...

I'll edit the post to add the links. :)