Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Didn't get the day started too bright and early, but that's ok. We started it out with our green smoothies, anyway! Yum! The girls love that.

Lunch we had leftovers from the taco salad the other night. Well, the leftover taco "meat" and the cashew "sour cream" anyway. The lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, pico de gallo, etc., was still fresh. I added a whole orange bell pepper to my salad today, and it was good! It was nice and crisp, so it kind of took the place of any need for crunchy chips.

Went to town for groceries this afternoon. We were out of some of our produce, and I also picked up some raw Almond Butter. Had a little bit on celery sticks when we got home, and it was good! Not the same, exactly, as peanut butter, but good in its own right. It almost had a sweet taste to it, as if there was honey added, but I checked the ingredients "list" at least three times - "raw almonds" is all it had listed.

Going to have a nice fruit dinner here soon - I have some watermelon chilling in the fridge, and I'll have peaches and maybe some grapes if I'm not stuffed by then.

No comments: