Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Noodles" in Creamy Spinach Sauce

During the day I'm not really trying anything adventurous, just green smoothies for breakfast and usually fruit and/or raw veggies for lunch or a light snack if I need it (which I don't always - need a snack, that is.)

For dinner I made "Noodles" in Creamy Spinach Sauce. I still don't have a spiral slicer, so I used my mandolin and julienned the zucchini and yellow squash into strips again. I have to admit, the sauce was ok, but it didn't hold a candle to the RAWfredo I made and posted about a while back.

I made almond milk last night. That was interesting. I had no idea how the almond solids would strain in the cheesecloth, and I'm thinking I want to get a nut mylk bag before I try it again. Now I have to get busy and get my raw granola made up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog since you posted it on RFC. Good for you on your weight loss! About the nutmilk bag, here's a tip. After spending $15.00 plus shipping on a nutmilk bag, somewhere I was clued into the fact that they smaller versions of paint straining bags. I went to the hardware store and bought 3 for $5. or so. Thought I'd pass the tip along. I use them to make juice (remove fiber) in a blender and find it easier than cleaning a real juicer.

kimbalaya said...

Wow, thanks for the tip! I'll stop by a hardware store before I make more milk!